Wednesday, October 22, 2014

"What's in your suitcase?" Wednesday: Foldable Tote

I have to start off with an apology for dropping off the map for two weeks there. I promise I can explain. This past week was my boyfriend's Fall Break, so we spent 7 days in 9 cities. On this trip, I was very excited to have my foldable tote bag. Our first form of transportation was a RyanAir flight, so my maximum size carry on wasn't going to cut it. I also didn't want to lug around that big thing to multiple cities, so I opted for my black tote bag. Look at how light on our feet we were!

 

It was so nice to be able to pack up quickly, share locker space at hostels where they charge for the rental, and avoid paying a left luggage fee in expensive cities like Venice.

There's something even more amazing about my bag (the one on the right), though! When you're packing in a carry-on, every inch of space is precious. I knew I would need a tote bag for things like grocery shopping, short trips, and even expanding my luggage capacity when not traveling by air. However, I had to be very careful about what kind of bag I bought - back to the every inch counts idea.

I wanted a bag that would zip closed in order to deter pickpockets. I also wanted a bag with at least one pocket in order to organize smaller items on short-term trips. Finally - and most importantly - I needed something with the ability to fold into itself and take up minimal space in my larger suitcase.

This black, foldable bag from Totes did the trick! Look at how small it can fold:

Even better news! It's on sale for $11.95 right now on the Totes website. Find it here.

If you want to see pictures from my trip with this bag, you can see them on my personal Facebook page here. Now that I'm back from this whirlwind of a trip, I will be taking the next few days to catch up on blog posts that have been floating around in my head for a while. Keep coming back!

 

 

No comments: