Sunday, June 22, 2014

Thanks for Sharing, Congress!

My new Library of Congress card!

Just a quick update from the weekend! (I know, I know, I haven't posted in over a week - that inconsistency will change, I promise)

After a tour of the incredible building with some friends, I got a card for the Library of Congress! If you live or work in D.C. in some kind of research capacity, it is very easy to get an official card as a "reader." That means that I can actually access any of the millions of books that are housed in its buildings here in D.C.

Cannot contain my excitement for this perk of living in the capitol city. Amazing how legitimate a piece of plastic can make you feel.

My inner nerd is probably showing right now, but I definitely plan to check out resources about aftercare provision for victims of sexual violence while I'm here for the summer. I will be sure to share what I find with all of you!


Also, if any of you are ever in D.C., you should definitely get a free tour of the Library - it's one of my favorites tourist stops here in the city.

 

No comments: